LENR, ZPE, Graphene, Nanotechnology, Robotics,Virtual IT, Supercomputers, Artificial Intelligence, and Bioengineering; all these arts of science and advanced technologies are of interest in this document. Everyone working in these scientific fields should review this document, envision the solution proposed by Dennis Bushnell, bring the issues forward in public forums, and work together to create a world where people do not feel the need to go to war.
Future Strategic Issues/Future Warfare [Circa 2025] by Dennis Bushnell et.al.
This 113-page slide-show from NASA, June of 2013, lays out what we are preparing to prevent; by foreseeing what the capabilities of advanced technologies will bring to the theater of war.
Dennis Bushnell is bringing everything out into the open for us to think about: these advanced warfare technologies are NOT something we can all just live with.
They are difficult to defend against, and often untraceable; being cheap and easy to manufacture. They will be developed commercially, and very simply; without requiring any long-term governmental development like mega-trillion dollar stealth bombers, naval carriers, and observational platform programs.
They are soon becoming commercially available, legally. Actions which classify these dangerous technologies as illegal are needed.
Page 2 The ‘Bots, ‘Borgs, ‘& Humans welcome you to 2025 A.D.
Nano-Bots and Swarms (by land, sea, or air) create a whole different scenario; where all large war objects become vulnerable to disabling attacks. How can one stop an attack from a cloud of thousands of single, individually-minded mosquitoes, or other swarms intent to disrupt or destroy Systems, Objects, Habitats, or Peoples?
All offensive weapons of war should be made illegal; to produce or sell, period. Defense systems will then be the only legal military industrial complex sales allowed by law. The defense industry must comply and focus their efforts on defense, offensive abilities are forthwith illegal… Once again, period.
How can we create a human culture where people simply refuse to create war?
What can the emergent LENR energy and advanced technology communities do to contribute to a world culture that does not feel the need to ever go to war again?
That is the challenge according to Bushnell, and in many peoples’ opinion, the only solution.
Think out of the box… We will enable peace… It is extremely important for our future.
Future Strategic Issues/Future Warfare [Circa 2025] Dennis Bushnell et.al.
NASA – LENR energetics and advanced technologies
Page 4 This presentation is meant to incite thought/ discussion and is based in all cases upon existing data/trends/analyses/technologies. (e.g., NO PIXIE DUST)
It provides, in some cases, a somewhat broader view of prospective developments and issues.
SO IT DOES, YES?
Indeed it does…
Page 22 The “Bushnell Challenge”
“In this [Worldwide] economy our ability to create wealth is not bounded by physical limits/resources but by our ability to come up with new ideas.”
However, even “universal wealth” will not obviate the other causes of warfare which include Politics, ”Face” (which include) Religion, Megalomania, and Territorial Disputes.
Page 7 Need to Plan “Differently”
Our World is in the throes of triple/exponential (IT/Bio/Nano) Technological Revolutions.
• Changes occurring at scales of months (instead of decades).
• Zeroth order potential effects upon Defense/Offense equipment/conops/threat.
Page 8 “SPACESHIP EARTH”
The crew are:
- Plundering the ship’s supplies.
- Tinkering with the temperature and life-support controls.
- Still looking for the instruction manual.
- Engaging in bloody skirmishes in every corner of the vessel.
- Increasing the size of the crew by 2 million PER WEEK.
ENERGETICS ACCORDING TO NASA
High Energy Density Materials (HEDM) (Power, Explosives, Propellants)
Tetrahedral N (Isp 600+ sec)
Atomic Born, C, H (Isp 600+ sec)
Metastable He (Isp 1500 sec) • Metallic Hz (Isp 2000 sec)
ISOMERS ( 105 x TNT)
Page 37 Revolutionary Power Generation/Storage Opportunities
• Ultracapacitors • Adv. Fuel Cells (e.g. Lithium/water/air)
• HEDM (e.g. Solid H2, Isomers, antimatter, etc.
• Adv. PV (50%?) • Room Temperature SC/SMES
• C-Nanotube storage of H2 (non-cryo)?
• Offshore Methane Hydrate
• Blacklight power?
Page 57 High Energy Density Materials (HEDM) (Power, Explosives, Propellants)
• Tetrahedral N (Isp 600+ sec)
• Atomic Born, C, H (Isp 600+ sec)
• Metastable He (Isp 1500 sec)
• Metallic Hz (Isp 2000 sec)
• ISOMERS ( 105 x TNT)
Page 101 “Circa 2025”
• Machines as creative/“smart” as humans “Robotics” the “norm”
• Zeroth order “warstopper” – Binary bio into nation’s agric./food distrib. system (every home/fox hole)
• Next level of concern: Ubiquitous/Cheap micro-to-nano EVERYTHING (sensors, munitions, weapons swarms/hordes)
• Battlefield attrition/CNN syndrome forces U.S. Army to look/act like SOCOM
Page 106 Future “Warfare”
• “Defense” against the “then year” multitudinous conventional and unconventional delivery methods for volumetric and precision munitions is essentially neither doable nor affordable.
• Suggested National Defense Approaches:
– Work Technology, Intel, Diplomacy, SOCOM for detection/interdiction/deflection of the “pre-delivery” phases (causes of war, motivational and decision processes, design and construction, test)
– Work and ADVERTISE a REALLY EFFECTIVE RETRIBUTION to deter delivery (ala MAD).
“War between mass armies weighed down with baroque equipment has become a third world sport. The advanced world, too vulnerable to survive a war of attrition or mass destruction, must learn to conduct its affairs by the Rapier–by the threat or use of small specialized forces exploiting high tempo and strategic surprise” - R. E. Simpkin, “Race to the Swift” – 1985
In the second half of the 1900’s Nuclear/Bio Warfare was “Unthinkable”
In the first half of the 2000’s “conventional” warfare may become so deadly/effective as to become “Unthinkable” (“Killer Aps” available to mitigate the “Causes of War”)
Page 112 Approaches to Countering Group/Individual Deployment of IO/Bio
-Universal inexpensive Web based educ.
- Biomass via sea water irrigation DISCOVERY
- All Source Intel/Fusion/AI Analysis PREEMPTION/RETRIBUTION
- SOF (Foreign)
Page 113 (Usual) Reactions to this Presentation
• Is in the “Too Hard Box”;
• Not being done yet by anyone, therefore, will not be done;
• They would not do that.
We have to Hope they would not do that.
• Why go there, since there is no defense against it.
Some Disbelief, but agreement there is too much there to disregard.