So I’m riding my bike down Main Street in Santa Monica, and a fellow pedals up along side and starts a conversation, right there in the bike lane. He wanted to compliment me on my bungy-corded box strapped to the back rack that transports my load.
Seeing my Cold Fusion Now sticker deftly placed street-facing on the frame, and the new T-shirt I’m wearing (available SOON!), he remarks, “Wow, you’re really into this…”
You have no idea, I think to myself. “I do clean energy advocacy for cold fusion.”
At once, the young man (who identified himself as “d’Artagnan”, a science-fiction screenwriter) proceeded to tell me that cold fusion wasn’t real, and was shown years ago, to be a mistake.
Taking a deep breath, (and watching for the red light coming up), I told him that if his knowledge of the situation stopped in 1989, then he’s missed the last two-decades of development, and could use an update.
I rattled off a few facts that contradicted the myth he was stifled by.
What did I say?
Essentially, I listed a few well-known companies, agencies, and universities, actively engaged in serious research on cold fusion, also called low-energy nuclear reactions (LENR), lattice-assisted nuclear reactions (LANR), and quantum fusion.
- NASA is testing technology based on a LENR theory at Langley Research Center, and testing experimental cells at the Glenn Research Center.
- National Instruments, a billion-dollar multinational corporation that manufactures science equipment and laboratory software, featured LENR at their recent NIWeek, and has set up a lab testing cold fusion cells in Austin, Texas.
- University of Missouri has set up an Institute of Nuclear Renaissance with a $5.5 million grant to study LENR.
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champagne runs a LENR research laboratory under Dr. George Miley studying both excess heat and transmutations. Purdue University has LENR theorist Dr. Yeong Kim; University of LaVerne has researcher Dr. Iraj Parchamazad; Portland State University has Dr. John Dash; and Massachusetts Institute of Technology has Dr. Peter Hagelstein, all actively pursuing research experimentally or theoretically.
- SRI International, a world-renowned science lab based in Menlo Park, California operated under Dr. Michael McKubre, has been experimenting for over two-decades, amassing a huge database of results.
- Brillouin Energy Corporation, an independent new energy lab under the direction of Robert Godes in Berkeley, California, recently received private venture capital funding, and is now working with SRI International testing a new gas-loaded boiler design.
- The Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), and the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) have funded cold fusion/LENR research.
- The Naval Research Lab continues to research the phenomenon; the Army Research Lab has conducted workshops.
- Corporations Toyota and Mitsubishi partner with their government and have fully-funded labs experimenting with both theory and cells, and are now dramatically increasing their support due to the recent technological advances.
- Researchers in Italy, India, France, Germany, Ukraine, China, Russia, Greece, and Canada, are among nations around the world racing to develop this science into a usable technology.
Well, of course I didn’t get through all of them before this man’s protestations continued, and I took a left turn, and he took a right.
In addition, this list is not exhaustive.
There are more recognizable entities engaged in clean energy research from cold fusion, and some who do not want to be recognized.
Some have been pursuing research for twenty-three years, while newer groups are flocking in as development nears commercial potential.
Why would these heavyweights carry on research and development if it wasn’t real? The stakes are so very high.
If you’re talking to a non-believer, someone who has faith in their own twenty-three-year-old knowledge, then this is a good list to start off with when attempting to update their dusty synapses.
And if that doesn’t work, pedal on; there are many without prejudice, and who are willing shed any out-dated notions with new information.
The open-minded are our kin, and it’s those we gather to demand peace and freedom with a clean energy economy, for a technological human future, on a green planet, for all the inhabitants of Earth.
Cold Fusion Now!
9 Replies to “What can you tell them?”
Excellent – succinct, well written and to the point !
Thank you, Ruby.
I will be sending a link to this page to everyone I know that is not up to speed.
“A volume about the size of a #2 pencil eraser of water provides as much energy as two 48-gallon drums of gasoline. That is 355,000 times the amount of energy per volume – five orders of magnitude.” ( http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/New-LENR-Machine-is-the-Best-Yet.html ).
This phenomenon (LENR) has been confirmed in hundreds of published scientific papers: http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJtallyofcol.pdf
“Over 2 decades with over 100 experiments worldwide indicate LENR is real, much greater than chemical…” –Dennis M. Bushnell, Chief Scientist, NASA Langley Research Center
“Total replacement of fossil fuels for everything but synthetic organic chemistry.” –Dr. Joseph M. Zawodny, NASA
By the way, here is a survey of all the companies that are bringing LENR to commercialization: http://www.cleantechblog.com/2011/08/the-new-breed-of-energy-catalyzers-ready-for-commercialization.html
For those who still aren’t convinced, here is a paper I wrote that contains some pretty convincing evidence: https://coldfusionnow.org/the-evidence-for-lenr/
St Louis Park, MN
P.S. In that paper in the last link, there is a DIA (US Defense Intelligence Agency) report detailing teams around the world working on LENR and their progress as of a couple of years ago. Furthermore, there is a US government contract detailing a working LENR reactor. Powerful stuff.
…and he was a science-fiction screenwriter – poor man so unbelievably misinformed. The reality of Cold Fusion offer far more superior and interesting stories than any misinformed science fiction writer can create!
“Ah, what would you know. You’re just a Girl”. You should ride a recumbent. Then he could really look down on you.
I just look them in the eye and tell them the facts. I remember when I too thought everything was over 20 years ago. So what changed? The mind processes everything it experiences awake during sleep. One day this young man will wake up and he will also just Know that it is real, just the same as I did. The conversion will happen at night.
Your words will have an effect, but you probably won’t see the direct results.
For the record I think you are doing fabulously well Ruby. Put my name down for shirts.
Oh, and I encounter the rest of the team in my wonders through cyberspace. Keep it up everyone. We are getting some people aboard who have got strong credibility among their peers.
I’ve quoted it on lenrforum
I’ve tried to gather similarily some arguments in an open letter to deciders (in French and English)…
not much success.
on a science blog, where I’ve been flamed for chalenging consensus, answering to an article wher they discussed on scientific fraud, using Cold Fusion as a well debunked storry,I just answer (the first answer), with a link my open lettre and added some comments about serious organization working on LENR, like you… expecting to be insulted, criticized, ridiculed, or questioned, disbelieved…
but not the least comment…
NOT THE LEAST COMMENT
WHAT IS THE STATE OF OUR CIVILIZATION…
people challenge everything, 9/11 story, Apollo moon landing, Mickael jackson death… but for LENR, with all the data I quoted, cited… not the least comment…
Earth is psychiatric hospital.
PS: if you want to rewrite, use, critic my awkward letter… feel free… I want
Cold Fusion Now.
James, There are cold fusion cells operating in multiple countries, around the world.
The science is just now beginning to emerge as a technology.
No, we do not have units to buy at Home Depot yet.
But public demonstration of the cold fusion NANOR cell at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology earlier this year, and public demonstration of Francesco Celani’s cell at National Instruments and ICCF-17 should give you pause to claim that this technology does not exist.
There are many cold fusion cells producing excess heat and transmutations in labs that are not open to the public. Then you must go to the published papers: http://www.lenr.org
I really like the personalized slant of this story and have reposted part of it on our blog: http://naturalbuildingblog.com/lenr-update-what-can-you-tell-them/
Keep up the good work.
One of the more promising developments I have heard is the convening of a panel on LENR at the annual American Nuclear Society meeting (mentioned in E-catworld).
Comments are closed.