Tom and Doug are two musicians who have a weekly radio show where they regularly discuss Andrea Rossi and the Ecat.
An interview with Andrea Rossi conducted by Doug in mid-February opens this video where Rossi talks about plans for industrial Ecats and the third-party testing of the Hot Cat.
Some of the points made were:
- After the delivery of the 1MW Ecat to the military last year, work ensued on engineering the industrial plants for certification.
- Now, work continues on “manufacturing some industrial plants that are close to being delivered”, and the certification process continues.
- The independent test of the Hot Cat, the Ecat that works at high-temperature, should be finished by the end of March.
- It will be an important validation, but manufacturing of the industrial Ecats will continue regardless of the independent report. The third-party test and the industrial production are independent, but parallel. Rossi is very curious to learn what the report says, and will apply any new information to the engineering process.
- He’s in contact with the third-party once or twice a week, but the main daily focus is completing the industrial plants that have already been sold.
- He continues to work long hours, and will continue “pressing” until delivery.
- After the industrial plants are delivered and working in their factory location, data from their operations will guide work on the domestic Ecat. The industrial plants are “basically assemblies of domestic plants”.
- Domestic units for the home need to be easy to use and held to a high standard of safety.
Tom and Doug interview Andrea Rossi on Ecats future by Ruby Carat