George Miley is poised to harness electricity from LENR without a Rankine or Carnot cycle and utilize it to power Aneutronic Fusion Spacecraft. Coincidentally NASA released its latest posting about LENR technology on its Climate Change site. NASA sees LENR as the solution to global warming and planned space missions yet unrealized.
I’m also excited to share with you the latest video in the following climate conversation series, The Price of Carbon. This short video, narrated by comedian and musician Reggie Watts, underscores the high cost we are all already paying for carbon pollution.
Posted by Maggie L. Fox – President & CEO – The Climate Reality Project
“From Superstorm Sandy to soaring temperatures in Australia, ongoing drought that has parched more than 60% of the U.S., and flooding from hurricanes around the world, we are experiencing the consequences of our carbon pollution now. We are paying the cost of these dirty weather disasters and other climate impacts through taxes, medical bills, and insurance rates (to name just a few). It’s past time to talk about the real cost of carbon pollution and to take action so that the polluters are paying their fair share.”
“In the spirit of moving forward to solve the climate crisis, it’s time to jump-start a real carbon conversation. Watch the video. Share it with your friends. Be part of the carbon conversation.”
Be sure to mention that Cold Fusion research is NOW emerging as LENR Engineering.
“Aneutronic Fusion Spacecraft Architecture” (link)
NASA-NIAC 2001 PHASE I RESEARCH GRANT
Final Research Activity Report (SEPTEMBER 2012) P.I.: Alfonso G. Tarditi
Collaborators: John H. Scott, George H. Miley - University of Houston – Clear Lake, Houston
This research is not about exploring a new fusion energy concept, it actually assumes the availability of an aneutronic fusion energy reactor. The focus is on providing the best (most efficient) utilization of fusion energy for propulsion purposes.”
Mr. Miley has been awarded a U.S. patent for an LENR energy device… the “assumption” of a “new fusion energy concept” is correct.
An Ambitious Goal
“This Phase I study is targeting a new spacecraft architecture to enable an unprecedented range of mission capabilities that, for the purpose of simple comparison, can be summarized as 10 times faster, 10 times further, and 10 times heavier with respect to the current state of the art. The improved traveling capabilities offer new, exciting mission possibilities and, in fact, an entire new paradigm for approaching the solar system exploration and colonization.”
Of Particular Interest Is this from section 4.6
“Fission Hybrid Interim Concept” (uranium fission/aneutronic fusion)
A system level analysis that extends the Phase I system level study shall be conducted including compact fission reactor performance for state-of-the-art and near-term foreseeable designs. This particular investigation is aimed at providing a high-level assessment of the “a” obtainable for different scenarios in which fission power provides all or part of the energy required for running the aneutronic fusion core and producing the ion flow.
I surmise a new approach…
“Fusion Hybrid Interim Concept”
(LENR fusion/aneutronic fusion)
George H. Miley proposes to replace conventional NASA fission power units with existing LENR fusion thermoelectric technology.
This new approach applied to Aneutronic Fusion Spacecraft Architecture may be summarized as where LENR fusion thermoelectric power provides all or part of the energy required for running the aneutronic fusion core and producing the ion flow.
NASA Goals for LENR: “The Nuclear Reactor in Your Basement”
NASA Has LENR Patents
NASA Glenn Research Center Experience with LENR Phenomenon
Author:Wrbanek, Susan Y.; Fralick, Gustave C.; Wrbanek, John D.; Niedra, Janis M.
Abstract:Since 1989 NASA Glenn Research Center (GRC) has performed some small-scale limited experiments that show evidence of effects claimed by some to be evidence of Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR). The research at GRC has involved observations and work on measurement techniques for observing the temperature effects in reactions of isotopes of hydrogen with palladium hydrides. The various experiments performed involved loading Pd with gaseous H2 and D2, and exposing Pd thin films to multi-bubble sonoluminescence in regular and deuterated water. An overview of these experiments and their results will be presented. Collection:NASA NASA Center:Glenn Research Center Publication Date:May 2012 Document ID:20130001794 Subject Category:PHYSICS (GENERAL) Report/Patent Number:GRC-E-DAA-TN5141
Subsonic Ultra Green Aircraft Research Phase II: N+4 Advanced Concept Development
Author:Bradley, Marty K.; Droney, Christopher K. Abstract:This final report documents the work of the Boeing Subsonic Ultra Green Aircraft Research (SUGAR) team on Task 1 of the Phase II effort. The team consisted of Boeing Research and Technology, Boeing Commercial Airplanes, General Electric, and Georgia Tech. Using a quantitative workshop process, the following technologies, appropriate to aircraft operational in the N+4 2040 timeframe, were identified: Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG), Hydrogen, fuel cell hybrids, battery electric hybrids, Low Energy Nuclear (LENR), boundary layer ingestion propulsion (BLI), unducted fans and advanced propellers, and combinations. Technology development plans were developed. Collection:NASA NASA Center:Langley Research Center Publication Date:May 2012 Report/Patent Number:NASA/CR-2012-217556, NF1676L-14434
The 2013 President’s (Budget)
Provides $27.2 billion in discretionary funds, a 3.2 percent increase above the 2012 enacted level. This request includes increased funding for priority areas such as clean energy, research and development to spur innovation, and advanced manufacturing. Savings and efficiencies are achieved through cuts to inefficient and outdated fossil fuel subsidies, low-priority and low-performing programs, and by concentrating resources on full utilization of existing facilities and infrastructure.
Increases funding for applied research, development, and demonstration in the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. The Budget also maintains and expands funding for the Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy. These investments in high-performing programs will help position the United States as a world leader in the clean energy economy, and create the foundation for new industries and new jobs.
Improves the competitiveness of U.S. industries by more than doubling research and development on advanced manufacturing processes and advanced industrial materials, enabling companies to cut costs by using less energy while improving product quality.
Works through the President’s Better Building Initiative to make non-residential buildings more energy efficient by catalyzing private sector investment. Creates jobs through mandatory funding for HomeStar incentives to consumers to make their homes more energy efficient.
Promotes basic research through $5 billion in funding to the Office of Science.
Positions the Environmental Management program to meet its legally enforceable cleanup commitments at sites across the country.
Continues investments to maintain a safe, secure, and effective nuclear weapons stockpile in support of the planned decrease in deployed U.S. and Russian weapons under the New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty.
Strengthens national security through funding for securing, disposing of, and detecting nuclear and radiological material worldwide.
Thank you Walker for the following…
“With the head scientist at NASA Langley research saying LENR is confirmed along with confirmation from Labs at Toyota, Mitsubishi, and STMicroelectronics as well as Amaco, the US Navy research labs, along with a course on the Fleischmann/Pons effect at MIT and working replications of the Celani reactor at academic sites around the world as well as hundreds of confirmed and peer reviewed experimental paper, that professors and Nobel prize winners are saying it is real and that Patents now being granted, the case that LENR is a real working system of cold fusion is proven.”
The fact that…
“Oil companies like BP, Shell, Exon, and a host of others are all selling off their oil fields around the world, that Petrobas who spent a decade to aquire the controling interest in a texas oil refinery, now are desperate to sell it at a loss.”
“The fact that Nuclear power plant owners are cancelling their big investment projects, and preparing to close their plants.”
“It is well known that the major players are on a divestment and diversification strategy. Many are giving various excuses, but when you check them they do not pan out. We are shifting to US based fields is a common one, but when you look they have bought options to consider buying or leases rather than the asset.”
“That is key no buying only renting. You rent assets when the asset value is about to take a hit. And the total US Proven reserves does not add up to what has been sold.”
“Shell has been on a massive divestment strategy on its oil field assets, from Africa to the Far East for the last 12 months, or since Rossi did his first demonstration this time last year.”
“Other Fossil Fuel companies on a divestment strategy are BP who are selling their stakes in fields in the North Sea, Russia, the Arctic and the Gulf to name but a few and not even batting an eyelid about being refused license to buy future assets in the Gulf. (link) (link) and (link)”
“Do a Google search for any oil company and the phrase “Oil field” and the words divest or sell.”
“Some are trying to cover their strategy and the risk by divesting half of the asset others are just cashing in their chips.”
“This year has been an Oil Field Night of the Long Knives as all the major players have been dumping these soon to be seriously downgraded assets.”
“The price per barrel dropped 20+ dollars since May.”
“I expect the real drop to be when the 60 day and 30 Day options on the price per barrel get shorted when the Rossi announcement is about to be made. I expect the price per barrel will drop below 70. Then it will resurge as people realise LENR will not happen overnight.”
“Then Oil and other fossil fuels will go into a long decline with investors on a business decline strategy making money out of the asset stripping and running the oil fields into the ground. Natural Gas will be the longest lived of the Fossil Fuel assets.”
“Coal might die out out in as little a year and a half as converting coal power plants to use Rossi’s Hot Cat or other LENR tech will be very easy. Oil will be next. Converting all power plants could take a 5 to 7 years but the fact that President Obama changed the Law to allow Combined Heat and Power means that many plants will end up being scrapped before they can convert, as faster cheaper more nimble competitors will create power plants on customers door steps, that provide power at a tenth but theoretically at up to one thousandth of the cost.”
“With regard to Nuclear and Green power the same applies Siemans dropped all their Nuclear industry like a hot potato after September 2011 others followed suit. Siemans also dropped their $33bn green business.”
“Buckle up people its about to get bumpy.”
Thanks Walker – Cold Fusion Now – LENR Engineering
QUEMA (fire) Q.uantum U.nlimited E.nergy M.anufacturers A.ssociation – coldfusionnow.org2012
By the by…
A few of the many other patents involving George H. Miley… impressive.
- Spherical inertial electrostatic confinement device as a tunable www.google.com/patents/US6188746 Grant – Filed May 3, 1999 – Issued Feb 13, 2001 – George H. Miley – The Board of Trustees of University of Illinois George H. Miley, Yibin Gu. United States Patent ao) Patent No.: us 6,188,746 bi Miley et al. Date of Patent: Feb. 13, 2001
- Method and apparatus for producing complex carbon molecules www.google.com/patents/US6171451 Grant – Filed Sep 13, 1999 – Issued Jan 9, 2001 – George H. Miley -DaimlerChrysler Aerospace George H. Miley, John Sved, Brian E. Jurczyk. United States Patent Miley et al.
- Apparatus for applying layers of metal onto a surface www.google.com/patents/US5755937 Grant – Filed Nov 13, 1996 – Issued May 26, 1998 – James A. Patterson, George H. Miley, Michael J. Williams. United States Patent im Patterson et al. US005755937A Patent Number: 5,755,937
- Apparatus and method for absorption of incident gamma radiation www.google.com/patents/EP1934987A2?cl=en App. – Filed Sep 8, 2006 – Published Jun 25, 2008 – Lewis G. Larsen – Larsen, Lewis G., Widom, Alan George H. Miley and other researchers such as Mizuno beginning in 1996. The data is interpreted as primarily the result of a neutron absorption spectrum.
- Electrode constructs, and related cells and methods www.google.com/patents/EP1495159A2?cl=en App. – Filed Mar 26, 2003 – Published Jan 12, 2005 – G. Lewis Larsen – Lattice Energy LLC Such experiments are described in G. Miley, H. Hora, E. Batyrbekov, and R. Zich, Aug 30, 2001, Miley, George, H.
- Hydrogen/hydrogen peroxide fuel cell www.google.com/patents/US20050136310 App. – Filed Nov 17, 2004 – Nie Luo, George H. Miley. US 20050136310A1 United States Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2005/0136310 Al Luo et al.
- Electrical cells, components and methods www.google.com/patents/US7244887 Grant – Filed Feb 26, 2001 – Issued Jul 17, 2007 – George H. Miley – Lattice Energy LLC us 7,244,887 B2 Miley Date of Patent: Jul. 17, 2007 Inventor: George H. Miley, Champaign
- Dislocation site formation techniques www.google.com/patents/US8227020 Grant – Filed Mar 31, 2008 – Issued Jul 24, 2012 – George H. Miley – NPL Associates, Inc. US8227020 – Dislocation site formation techniques. George H. Miley … Inventor:
- Direct nuclear pumped laser www.google.com/patents/US4091336 Grant – Filed May 27, 1976 – Issued May 23, 1978 – George H. Miley – The United States of America as represented by the United States Department of Energy United States Patent Miley et al. 4,091,336 May 23, 1978 Inventors: George H. Miley, Champagne
- Pneumatic safety equipment to prevent the overheating of nuclea www.google.com/patents/US5319688 Grant – Filed Aug 26, 1992 – Issued Jun 7, 1994 – Heinrich W. Hora Heinrich W. Hora, George H. Miley. United States Patent m Hora et al. … Rep. of Germany; George H. Miley, 103 S. Goodwin, Urbana, 111. 61801
- Flake-resistant multilayer thin-film electrodes and electrolytic www.google.com/patents/US6599404 Grant – Filed Feb 18, 1999 – Issued Jul 29, 2003 – George H. Miley George H. Miley. United States Patent ao) Patent No.: us 6,599,404 bi Miley Date of Patent: Jul. 29, 2003 US006599404B1
- Methods, apparatus, and systems involving ion beam generation www.google.com/patents/US7271400 Grant – Filed Aug 6, 2004 – Issued Sep 18, 2007 – Yasser R. Shaban Yasser R. Shaban, George H. Miley. US007271400B1 United States Patent ao) Patent no.: us 7,271,400 bi Shaban et al.
- DISLOCATION SITE DENSITY TECHNIQUES www.google.com/patents/US20120164063 App. – Filed Mar 7, 2012 George H. Miley et al … loading chamber and monitoring the operating temperature.
- Compact high efficiency electrical power source www.google.com/patents/EP0990282B1?cl=en Grant – Filed Dec 31, 1996 – Issued Dec 15, 2010 – H. Gene Mccall – Advec Corporation … uranyl salt to interact with the UO2++ ion to produce a lasing output from the uranyl salt. George H. Miley
- Method of using deuterium-cluster foils for an intense pulsed www.google.com/patents/US20130064339 App. – Filed Nov 8, 2012 – Published Mar 14, 2013 – George H. Miley – Npl Associates, Inc. Application number, 13/672,134. Publication date, Mar 14, 2013. Filing date, Nov 8, 2012. Inventors. George H. Miley
Wide range radiation monitoring apparatus www.google.com/patents/EP0016622A1?cl=en App. – Filed Mar 14, 1980 – Published Oct 1, 1980 – Norman Phillip Goldstein -Westinghouse Electric Corporation (Reference “Direct Conversion of Nuclear Radiation Energy”, by George H. Miley, American Nuclear Society publication 1970.)
- Plasma jet source using an inertial electrostatic confinement www.google.com/patents/EP0938396A1?cl=en App. – Filed Oct 31, 1997 – Published Sep 1, 1999 – Blair P. Bromley – Bromley, Blair P., Gu, Yibin, Miley, George H., Nadler, Jonathon H., Sved, John George H. Miley
How many LENR patents have been filed and not published yet? None of us Know!
Here are a few published in the U.S.
- Pulsed low energy nuclear reaction power generators www.google.com/patents/EP1656678B1?cl=en Grant – Filed Aug 12, 2004 – Issued May 4, 2011 – Herman Branover – Energetics Technologies, Llc A low energy nuclear reaction power generator has different cells in which hydrogenous atoms are driven by different methods to increase atom-packing in a…
- Apparatus and Method for Low Energy Nuclear Reactions www.google.com/patents/US20130044847 App. – Filed Jul 11, 2012 – Published Feb 21, 2013 – Dan Steinberg – Dan Steinberg The present invention relates generally to low energy nuclear reaction (LENR) phenomena, anomalous excess heat research and energy …
- Pulsed electrolytic cell www.google.com/patents/EP1404897A4?cl=en App. – Filed May 30, 2002 – Published Jun 4, 2008 – Irving I. Dardik – Energetics Technologies, L.L.C. A low energy nuclear reaction power generator provided with an electrolytic cell containing an electrically-conductive heavy or light water electrolyte (11) in …
- Modified electrodes for low energy nuclear reaction power generators www.google.com/patents/US20070280398 App. – Filed Dec 5, 2006 – Irving I. Dardik A low energy nuclear reaction power generator in which hydrogenous atoms are driven to increase atom-packing in a lattice and to increase the flux of …
- Gamma source for active interrogation www.google.com/patents/US8279993 Grant – Filed Aug 14, 2009 – Issued Oct 2, 2012 – William A. Barletta – The Regents Of The University Of California There also appears to be an unidentified, weak low-energy nuclear reaction in Teflon that produces 12-MeV gammas and may be due to a
- Apparatus and method for absorption of incident gamma radiation … www.google.com/patents/EP1934987A2?cl=en App. – Filed Sep 8, 2006 – Published Jun 25, 2008 – Lewis G. Larsen – Larsen, Lewis G., Widom, Alan In low energy nuclear reaction systems, the gamma absorbing layer of surface electrons already bathed in soft radiation has the ability to stop a ~5 MeV gamma…
- Electrolytic cell thermal power generator and method www.google.com/patents/EP2264715A2?cl=en App. – Filed Aug 12, 2004 – Published Dec 22, 2010 – The designation of the inventor has not yet been filed – Energetics Technologies, LLC In particular, the invention relates to the use of different cells for the creation of low energy nuclear reaction (LENR) which generates heat. Energy pulses are …
- Low cost elimination of long-lived nuclear waste www.google.com/patents/US20030202623 App. – Filed Jun 3, 2003 – Heinrich W. Hora This is a new physical phenomenon which is called low energy nuclear reaction. (LENR)
- Pulsed electrolytic cell www.google.com/patents/US20030213696 App. – Filed Jun 13, 2003 – Irving I. Dardik – Energetics Technologies, L.L.C. A low energy nuclear reaction power generator provided with an electrolytic cell containing an electrically-conductive heavy or light water electrolyte in which is …
- Apparatus and method for absorption of incident gamma radiation … www.google.com/patents/US7893414 Grant – Filed Sep 8, 2006 – Issued Feb 22, 2011 – Lewis G. Larsen – Lattice Energy LLC Momentum neutrons and hard gamma radiation are computed in the neighborhood of condensed matter surfaces. In low energy nuclear reaction systems,
- System and method for producing energetic particles by gas … www.google.com/patents/US20090096380 App. – Filed Oct 12, 2007 – Brian Scanlan This new field of study, called Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (“LENR”), is described most recently by Storms (The Science of low energy nuclear reaction)